Thursday, July 12, 2012

                                2010- Time, Testing and Testimony.


As fate would have it, 2010 proved a very memorable year.
God answered many prayers; carrying me through tragic loss;
revealing specific answers; and bringing the needed people into my life.


The year was filled with hardships and trials, nothing was easy-
but- it has proven necessary and worth it to get to where I am today.
Life has been healed- restored in ways always hoped for, yet never truly imagined.


Jan/Feb                  Return to light-duty at the Shelby Station-
                  If all it had required was sheer will and determination- it would have worked.
                  Alas, there was too much going on in my life and my body to withstand.


Mar/Apr                The climate is changing-
                  Spring found me facing several things.
                  1) My condition was not improving.
                  2) Montana would not provide the treatments I needed.
                  3) My dad was dying of cancer.


May/Jun                Tough times-
                  May was as cataclysmic as it was a catalyst.
                  I was there when Dad died. I grieved and missed him terribly. I miss him still.
                  I longed to share Heaven's release from pain- to see my dad and be with Jesus.
                  The two years of constant, excruciating pain; unrelenting emotional strain; and
                  the daunting financial drain were bad, but nothing compared to losing my father.


                                Confusion-
                  After dad passed, I remained a few weeks with my Missouri family to just rest.
                  During that short time fate struck another blow.
                  Suffice it to say, " A picture is worth a thousand words"...


Jul/Aug                    Breaking point-
                  The stress of these occurrences took their toll, leading to a weeklong
                  hospital admission. To complicate things OWCP chose this time to demand
                  a teleconference refusing to reschedule despite my hospitalization. It was
                  held from my hospital room. I have no recollection of the proceedings.


                                 Revelation-
                  It is at the lowest points in life that God exposes truth and reality amid chaos.
                  He also reveals people in life who are true friends and real family, God-family.
                  It became apparent that critical changes were imperative- if I was to live.
                  Many hours were spent healing; mentally and physically. Long grueling
                  days were spent in outpatient physical therapy and even more on my own.


                  It is amazing what one can learn walking, praying and listening; alone with God.
                  Having always known that life is totally in God's hands,
                  it was time to step out of the past and give Him total control over the future.


Sep/Oct                    Whirlwind-
                  With strength and will steadily increasing, the doctors in Missouri
                  finally released me to return to Montana. Having spent months
                  recovering at my brothers house, he was out of leave and unable to
                  accompany me home to help me get re-established. God provided a much longed for,
                  but completely unexpected answer to all our prayers.


Nov/Dec                   Thanksgiving-
                  The year drew to a close having held some of the best and worst times
                  I have ever faced. The holiday season was embraced with such joy and
                  humble thanksgiving, it was truly beyond compare. As the new year appeared,
                  not only was I alive, but I was given the chance to truly live again.   




                                      denton.moberly@live.com 


                              
                                
                        

No comments: